Car insurance can come in handy while driving around a maze of roads, filled with obstacles and countless other drivers at varying skill levels. But shopping for auto insurance can prove to be quite the maze in itself if you don’t understand your options. The following is a list of common coverages offered by most insurers.
- Liability: This coverage is required by law. It covers the property damage and bodily injuries of a third party in the event of an accident.
- Collision: This covers the repair or replacement of your car after an accident causes damage or destruction.
- Comprehensive: This expands upon collision to cover the repair or replacement of your car in the event of theft, vandalism, fire/explosion or severe weather.
- Medical expense: This covers expenses associated with medical treatment following bodily injury that occurs during an accident. Depending on your policy, this can also cover disability and pain and suffering.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: A driver without appropriate insurance cannot cover your expenses following an accident. This coverage will kick in if you find yourself in a similar situation, covering damages and medical expenses.
- Miscellaneous: Different insurance companies offer a variety of different coverage options that you can add to your policy. Some of these may include accident forgiveness, rental car reimbursement, glass replacement, towing, gap and many others.
As your independent agent we can guide you through this process and shop around for policy quotes on your behalf. Independent agents have a wide network of insurers in order to find you the right policy for the right price, with all of the coverages that you select. Have a question about a fuzzy insurance detail? Call us. Want to know if you’re eligible for an auto insurance discount? Call us. Thinking about switching insurers? What are you waiting for, call us!
Our job is to protect your car and everyone inside of it, without breaking the bank. Call Key City Insurance at (435) 656-8100 for more information on Salt Lake City car insurance.